Monday, October 15, 2012

5 ways with water - which one to choose?

Water to swim in, water to dive in, water to surf on, water to stand on, water to sail on, water to skate on, water to ski on, water to stand under and let rain onto you, water to dip toes in, water to sit beside, water to drink ... in, on, under, over, within, without, inside and out. So much of us is water, so much that's not us is water, question is, how to draw water? Which way is best? Which one to enter to Illustration Friday's theme "Water"? Which do you like? ... Which one to choose?

Water study #1
pastel on paper 6cm x 6cm

 Water study #2
pastel on paper 6cm x 6cm

 Water study #3
pastel on paper 6cm x 6cm

Water study #4
pastel on paper 6cm x 6cm

Water study #5
pastel on paper 6cm x 6cm


my other ways with water are my







14 comments:

Janine Whitling said...

hhmmm, they're all good but i think i prefer the first or second one :-)

brainard said...

Hi Suzi, I like the first and the fourth - the first has a brightness of turquoise and the fourth has a moodiness like there is a storm above the water.

Fern Spackman said...

What a challenge to identify a favorite - they're all good. I think I prefer the 2nd and 3rd ones. : )

Yvonne said...

:) To make things more complicated, I love 3 & 5 :) 3 makes me want to run and stand in the waves, feel them crash over me while looking up at the sun - it reminds me of doing just that this Summer on the east coast of South Africa :) And 5 - well, 5 is an Autumnal sea to me - the way we see the North Sea these grey and shortening days - makes me feel like hot chocolate, cold red cheeks and taking stock :) Beautiful work!

Liz said...

I like one, two and four. Four because it is slightly outside the box and not an obvious idea. Lovely work on all of them, though.

Liz

leaweber said...

Nr. 4 This is the one I have to stop and look and look moves my heart. Can't stop looking at it.

Noelle Horsfield said...

I am very drawn to the first one...but they are all beautiful!

suzi poland said...

Wow thanks everyone, I love reading all your comments and seeing how everyone likes different ones. This is so encouraging.

Becky in Burma said...

Two and three are my favs! Love!

Caroline said...

Hi Suzi, my vote is for No 1. Good luck! :)

Judith Johnston said...

I like them all but number 3 is my favourite :)

Cindy Shepard CZT said...

I vote for number 1 Suzi...you do wonders with pastels.

Melissa said...

Hi Liz, I like number 3!

suzi poland said...

Yay thanks so much and the winner is .... #1 There were a couple of close contenders, but I added it to Illustration Friday http://illustrationfriday.com/topic/water/. Now I'm off to the printers, so maybe the winner might be YOU! Thanks so much to everyone who voted here or on facebook, it has been a lot of fun to see everyone's comments and which ones they liked. Happy weekend everyone. :)